28 May 2007

MLS ACTION: IT'S.... Ok if you know what to watch for.

Gina and I just got back from a trip up to Chicago for a MLS game between your RSL Tiemasters versus The Chicago Smolder.

Despite the zero zero score, I had a good time. Toyota Park, Chicago's purpose built MLS stadium, is a fantastic facility - a facility that doesn't sell Fire merchandise, somehow, but a fantastic facility nonetheless.

It's true - I walked around the entire building looking to buy something to commemorate my trip up for the game, and found not one merch booth. I'm not sure why... maybe they're waiting until the team starts winning again. I don't know.

While we were up in Chicago we took the opportunity to drive around downtown with the top down on the mx-5. All you really need for a good time is a big city and a convertible.

Tomorrow the HBG's are meeting with a staffer from InTake (one of Indy's entertainment papers, kinda like St. Louis' Get Out in that it's put together by the big local paper, the Indy Star...) to discuss summer beers. I think. Should be fun.

I cut my hair. What else...

Mowed my lawn. Saw some frogs in the yard.

The Color Purple is on Oprah's channel right now. I feel like Danny Glover.

No comments: