13 March 2007

I'm bike commuting again

Today marks the second day this year that I've been fortunate enough to be able to make the 11.5 mile trek (roughly 40 minutes) to work by bicycle. One of the nice things about traveling by bike is that you notice things a little more.

One such example would be the amount of In God We Trust license plates on the road. Haven't these things only been out like a month? I'm pretty sure they're now ranking second only to the regular Indiana license plate as far as popularity goes. THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU to buy license plates, I guess. Quite frankly, it scares the bejesus out of me.

The other thing that I've noticed is that riding a bike on the city streets on a Sunday afternoon when there's basically no traffic is something that everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy... it's just an amazing way to see the city; the whole thing just opens up and it's all yours. Let's get working on banning cars downtown on Sundays. As the first policy in my Mayoral candidacy...

*I highly recommend clicking on that bejesus link. then again, i'm pretty juvenile.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Those freaking license plates drive me nuts. Doesn't it inherently trivialize one's religious views to put that statement on the back of your freaking car?