12 March 2007

Shades of Gary Tidwell

Saturday evening I somehow managed to get out my house and away from my endless pirated movie collection, and made my way to Butler's Hinkle Fieldhouse to catch a regional high school bout between North Central and Franklin Central.

North Central's squad features Eric Gordon, a future Indiana Hoosier, who apparently is the number two prospect among high school seniors in the country. Franklin Central's squad featured JaJuan Johnson, a 6'10" beanpole who's headed to Purdue (GOOSE). It all added up to a heck of a game and the discovery of an appreciation of high school basketball.

Both Gordon and Johnson had very good games - Gordon was somehow quietly dominant until late in the game when he decided that he was going to shoot over anyone from anywhere he wanted. I don't think he missed a three point shot all night. Impressive stuff.

I got 50-some miles in on the bike this weekend, bought tickets for The National (a band) in Cincinnati, bought Reds/Texas Rangers tickets while I was at it, and assured that I wouldn't be in Indy for F1 weekend - something I didn't realize until I drove by the track during my lunch break today.

Oh well.

No comments: