06 August 2007

David Beckham will not be appearing tonight

This is how I've spent the last half hour.

I tried to bike to work this morning. I got up at like 5 am, showered, dressed, ate, went out to the garage, moved the lights from my fixiebike, started to air up tires and.. I had a rear flat. Odd. I just refilled the tire, thinking maybe I had left the valve open. Got on the bike, went 100 yards... lightning. Whatever. A quarter mile later the tire was flat again, I started to turn the bike around and about lost it, clipped into pedals with the rear tire sliding sideways.

Back to the garage to changed the tube. Got the wheel off, more lightning, now thunder, more lightning... I guess I'm not riding to work.

Luckily I had gotten up so early that I could just go take another shower and redress and go to work. Which I did.

And then I started doing that.

No comments: