06 August 2007

CSI makes people crazy

I was just looking at all the drafts (or posts that I started on blogger but didn't finish) and found this nugget from 2006... I dunno.

One of the CSI shows is currently playing on the television to my right. Because of CSI, people think that computers do magic. I hate CSI.

Here's an example from CSI that obviously has no basis in reality (but people believe this kind of crap anyway). A man stomps another man to death. He claims he did not commit the crime. But using the CSI magic shoeprint database, the CSI cops have proven that the man who committed the crime was wearing the exact same shoes as the man who claims he did not commit the crime.

"I didn't do it."

"Oh yeah? Have you seen our shoe database?"

"WHERE IS MY LAWYER?"

Here's how it goes in reality:

"Do you think I'm retarded? Who the fuck has a shoe database?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shoe prints are like fingerprints and snowflakes...there's no two alike.