24 May 2007

Re-evaulating RSL (and a sprawling gigantic mess of everything else)

Ok, so I'm probably not jumping ship yet...

Maybe the Eskandarian/Cunningham trade is going to be good for the team. At least they're attempting to do something, which is probably better than watching the same team trot out and lose every week.

So.

Yup.

* * * * *

Now this:

May Rides 17 Distance (miles) 527.48 Average Speed (mph) 16.00 Calories Burned 24,290

The local bike club (to which I don't belong), CIBA, has a 500 miles in May goal to coincide with the race... Well I'm gonna kill that goal. I'm not happy with my average speed.. that could use some improvement.

How many miles have you ridden?

To lose a pound, you need to burn 3500 calories than you consume... which means that theoretically, I should be down 6.94 pounds... though I don't always track calories when I ride. I'm actually pretty close to that on the weight loss. Hmm.

Hoping to hit 170 or less this summer. We'll see how it goes. When it gets cold again I'm hiring a trainer. That should be exciting. Or deadly. I'm still carrying a really high body fat percentage. Like 23% or something.

YAY! BEER TONIGHT!

* * * * *

Went to IU Dental School for my initial checkup diagnosis thing, looks like it's gonna be quite a bit easier on my budget than my original $8000 estimate. So good. I can spend more money on bike stuff.

*

Just received Old Joy on dvd. It's a movie I'd like to share with my camping/hiking friends, but I fear they'll just say it's boring. Anyway.

*

New Queens of the Stone Age leaked. Sounds pretty good at low work-level volume. They're playing a show in Indy... two tickets would be like $90. But QOTSA have released nothing but great albums, in my opinion, so maybe it's worth the money. I dunno. Kickin' it around. I dig em.

*

Anybody read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle? That just showed up too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes sir...bikes and QOTSA. i'm listening to "sick, sick, sick" over and over and over and over again at my job as we speaktype. it has yet to get old, prompting me to kick the eject button as if it was forcing itself repetitiveness upon me instead of intitiating it myself. the song has a good repetitive quality actually. interested in hearing the rest of the album.

and yes, i'm riding my bike home as well...midnight...before the race. god i hope the drunk drivers are still in the bars.

-s
www.livejournal.com/users/papacanfly