05 February 2007

fulham 2 - goochi-toons 1. and a superbowl

Fulham got the win this weekend, McBride scored again. Gooch played well for a lackluster Newcastle side. Dempsey got on in the 80th or so minute and played confidently. All smiles at my house.

One of these days I'm going to readdress Carlos Bocanegra.

Superbowl viewing at my house was underwhelming. I wonder if I was alone in thinking that there was no way Rex Grossman was going to lead the Bears to victory - he looked like a boy among men out there.

It was nice to see Beckham in a commercial.

* * * * *

I've been wondering who I'm writing this blog for for a while now. I think that perhaps I'm in a similar boat to the one Jim (formerly 11 am Air Raid, now He Writes About Words) found himself in... lack of direction or lack of audience or lack of motivation or lack of... lack of something. I could be totally off with the Jim reference, but I kind of got that vibe by reading his new stuff - which is just as good as his old stuff, just with a little more focus.

Anyway, I'm considering starting a different blog, but I don't really have any direction for that, either. Other than I could move the Fulham/RSL stuff there. And that'd leave me with this. Where I could post pictures of funny monkeys.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Why not do a local soccer blog? Indy Soccer Scene has kind of crashed and burned, so you could fill the gap. :)

Mike said...

that's an idea worth taking into consideration. thanks for the suggestion.