02 February 2007

anyone caught leaving a comment will be shot

While I'm sure most folks who read this blog are excited about the big game Sunday, I find that I'm actually a little more excited about Saturday's big game, when Fulham, featuring Americans Brian McBride, Clint Dempsey, and Carlos Bocanegra, take on Newcastle, featuring new signing Oguchi Onyewu. Hopefully Gooch gets some minutes in.

Wednesday the national team takes on Mexico at 9PM Eastern (I think)... for those Indianapolis locals reading - where's the party at? Anyone know the guy at Radio Radio well enough to suggest a viewing? It appears that their calendar is open for Wednesday... either way, it would be good to get some folks together to watch the game in a proper environment. If you're up for it, leave a comment. I was just kidding about the shooting.

* * * * *

Oh, and in other news, it's either Sandy, Utah or Collinsville, Illinois (a sort of suburb of St. Louis) for Real Salt Lake. I'm leaning towards Sandy - and the same team ownership - instead of St. Louis.

As much as I'd love St. Louis to have a team (and MY team would be even better) - it doesn't seem right to take someone else's. When St. Louis gets an MLS team, I'll be first in line to buy season tickets - because MLS season tickets are pretty much dirt cheap, and I can always let someone else I know use them when I can't. My concern about the St. Louis ownership group buying the team from Dave Checketts lies in what direction the new ownership would go with the GM - I've got a pretty good friend in Utah.

And when Indianapolis get its own MLS team, I'll still be rooting for RSL. But I don't think I'll have to worry about that for a long long time.

No comments: