22 November 2006

denmark

Alright, I sorta stole this link or whatever from a friend's friend's livejournal... but it's crazy.

So there's a hotel in Copenhagen, Denmark where each room was decorated by an artist... it's the Hotel Fox. I suppose this hotel is a little odd for a number of reasons, the artist designed rooms being the first.

From watching a short film about the hotel, I've learned that the whole thing was put together by Volkswagen as a sort of launching pad for their Fox car (not available stateside)... anyway, the whole thing is part of something called "Project Fox".

Check out a sample of the rooms.







How this functions as a car advert, I'm not sure. But! It's pretty damn cool, nevertheless.

5 comments:

Jason said...

Wow. I'm not sure what to say about those rooms.

I bet some of those rooms give people seizures.

torporindy said...

I think it is very cool, but shouldn't VW concentrate on improving quality on their awful cars?

Mike said...

oh snap!*

actually, i owned a vw prior to my current vehicle and was never less than completely satisfied with it, at least until i decided that i needed a truck... i'd buy another one without reservation.

what's your vw complaint? or do you just dislike germans? racist*.

* * * * *

*not something I'd actually say in real life, but this is THE INTERNET - anything is possible

*he said, jokingly.

i've been drinking. just a warning.

torporindy said...

No, I have nothing against the Germans, but anecdotally, everyone I know (apart from you now) has had terrible problems with their VW. I think they rate among the worst in costumer satisfaction as well (in the official statistics).

Mike said...

I can attest to the occasional vw problem, but I like to see it like this: they're just like a woman who is fantastic looking, loves to cook, is wonderful in bed, has money and loves to share it, is great with children and your friends, likes to do all the things that you do, and occasionally stabs you in the leg when you sleep.

who needs legs anyway?