16 October 2006

so far, so weird

For some reason, I don't feel like I'm officially on vacation yet. It feels like an extended weekend visiting friends.

Which is what it has been so far, so I suppose that makes sense. I'm sure you're aware of the fact that it's raining from New Orleans to Canada, which is JUST WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR. I LOVE IT.

Anyway, I did manage to get 24 rain-soaked cold miles in on my bike today, and although I didn't ride the Nachez Trace, I did hit plenty of hills. Indiana is really flat, a fact I hadn't really realized until today. If I was a Tennessee cyclist, I'd be a stronger cyclist.

Anyway, tomorrow it's off to somewhere in North Carolina (I've got that written down somewhere) and hopefully the weather will stop being a butthole.

THE END.

Oh, I should mention that my hosts are fantastic people deserving of medals. And so are their children.

I did a lot of coloring earlier.

THE END.

No comments: