09 April 2006

steve stops by

This email came from Steve Pastorino (Real Salt Lake's GM) Friday night. I thought you might enjoy reading it.

Mike,
Have a good ride if you get out tomorrow. I just arrived in Dallas. I only travel to a few games a year as I have three kids under the age of four years old who I want to watch grow up. For the record, I'm 37 - and lucky enough to have worked 6 years in baseball and 8+ years in MLS (and therefore, never had to get a "real" job) - so maybe that keeps me young.

So, what's going to happen tomorrow? I think you'll see a drastically better effort from RSL. We know we will have our hands full with Ruiz, O'Brien (one of my favorites, by the way) and co. I'm hoping their defense is vulnerable, that Sala is still unproven - and we can strike early and change the momentum. I think Jeff Cunningham has a big game in him. We'll see.

We also play Sunday morning in a reserve game. Some call the Reserve League the best development of the 2005 season. It's a great chance to see our young guys play... so I'm looking forward to it. Then right back to SLC after the game for Monday's kickoff luncheon with Commissioner Don Garber, a party in our office to watch USA-Jamaica on Tuesday (hope our rookie Ryan Johnson gets his first cap for Jamaica), Wednesday's exclusive premiere of GOAL (new adidas/FIFA/Disney movie that opens worldwide next month), a Fan BBQ @ practice on Friday - and then the day we work all winter for... Opening Night.

Hope you're rooting for us...
Steve

No comments: