08 April 2006

real salt lake at fc dallas

First thing... I'm really coming around to these RSL uniforms. I just took a shower and put on yellow and black; I'm truly concerned that my choice of wardrobe is going to have an effect on the league this weekend. We'll see how Columbus fairs.

I've been gone since yesterday and my cat just sat on my keyboard... anyway.. RSL is off to a pretty hot start, especially considering the lack of effort last week. They already look better.

I saw FC Dallas play someone last week, and I'm already happy that Carlos Ruiz just took a kick to the crotch... Did Jeff Cunningham do something to his hair?

The RSL defense is looking porous already. We're like five minutes in. Mehdi Ballouchy is looking pretty positive with the ball..

Horrible breakdown by Cunningham/Ballouchy there, no movement after the pass.. this can't be entertaining reading.

tonight's attendance: 75. I'm sure this is what they had in mind when they build a dedicated soccer stadium in Frisco.

I like the name Kenny Cutler. It reminds me of Six Pack. It's probably the Kenny connection. There's not really any other explanation.

Nice play by Eddie Pope. I hope to be able to say that more.

Kenny Cooper (not to be confused with Kenny Cutler) just ate two guys for lunch. One of them was Eddie Pope. JINX.

RSL seems to be content to move the ball through the midfield as quick as possible, even if it means just kicking the ball forward to no one. There seems to be a lot of "kick and watch" going on here. On the plus side, the announcer is talking about someone named "Edwardo Retardo".

I think I had Carlos Ruiz's haircut in 8th grade; a spike with lines? I think it's affecting his shot accuracy... two shots directly at Scott (Wake Me Up Before You Go Go) Garlick. Go Go Garlick?

Klein-Cunningham looks positive, but it seems like RSL is playing with touch limits.. two touches and watch.

Carlos Ruiz is about due to try a bicycle kick, right?

I've just figured out that I dressed to match Go Go Garlic. This can only be a positive thing.

I don't think Simo Valakari deserved a yellow card there, but he does look like he deserves a punch in the face. He looks like the annoying sidekick character to every 80's high school movie villain. In fact, I'm pretty sure he was a member of Cobra Kai in the first Karate Kid movie.

CHRIS KLIEN FREE KICK GOAL! I just threw my arms up and scared the cat off the couch. 1-0 RSL.

And a Kenny Cooper goal. Nice work by Ruiz there, and you can't blame Eddie Pope. The rest of the team was probably in a shock based coma after taking the league. 1-1.

Nice movement off the ball by Dallas. They just seem to be a lot more creative. Go Go better go thank his goalpost.

This thing is opening up; Cunningham missed a header that should have been put away.

AND IT'S HALFTIME.

There seems to be a lot more people sitting on the near side of the field. Maybe my attendance estimate was off.

And we're back.. Nice start from RSL... and... off sides.

Let's get Kreis in the game. I haven't seen him play yet, and Andy Williams isn't doing much for me.

First bit of patience by RSL in midfield, they've been alot stronger already this half.

I need to quit writing good things about RSL... Wilson junk goal off Go Go's hands, Dallas 2-1.

Jason Kreis in. Danny Torres isn't doing much to impress me. Nice free kick by Vanney, he just missed. Is he a St. Louis guy? Nope, but he does look remarkably like Will Ferrell. And I'm having a conversation with myself online.

Dallas is starting to look pretty sloppy on the back line, and Ballouchy just got mugged. RSL needs to push here. If you're still reading this leave me a comment, or I'm going to stop writing match notes. Hidden in plain sight.

Ruiz just came out. Stats: Bicycle Kicks, 0; Assists: 1. I guess I was wrong.

It's been an uneventful 10 minutes... we're at 85 minutes.

TUCK YOUR SHIRT IN, ANDY WILLIAMS.

And he almost just scored. I'm going to berate RSL players to victory.

Go Go is a mess tonight. I don't think he likes his nickname.

Douglas Sequeira just got robbed. A barrage from RSL now, but the game is over.

I'm not happy about this. What does that say about me?

2 comments:

scot said...

Looks like you are becoming an RSL fan. Could be worse. I actually remarked to my friend Jamie last night before the Crew game that Scott Garlick's moustache was my second favorite team in the league. It's an entity to itself.

And, man, am I glad I am not the only one who yells at players to tuck in their shirts. That crap drives me nuts.

Mike said...

I don't know why the shirt thing gets to me so much, I don't tuck my shirt in when I'm playing. I think it all started with Carlos Bocanegra over at Fulham. I just think that if you're (sort of) representing your country in (arguably) the top league in the world, the least you can do is look presentable. It probably doesn't help the Bocanegra also gave up on shaving.

I didn't catch the Crew game even thoug their GM made the effort to answer my email... I was watching RSL and tivoing Kansas City and it was all on at the same time and I started to feel as though I was being torn apart by horses.

Maybe that's a little overdramatic.