12 April 2006

slow news day

I guess I'm mildly excited because I've got St. Louis Cardinals' tickets for Easter. As you may be aware, the Cardinals are playing in a new stadium this year, a stadium that was built in what seems like 4 months. Actually, it was more like 6 months. That's a pretty impressive feat.

I've been a Cardinals fan for some time now, but I think I actually started paying more attention once I left the St. Louis area. Oddly enough, my love affair with the St. Louis Blues Hockey Club worked in the opposite way, and I hardly follow them at all now.

If you want to read about the beauty and timelessness of baseball, you can find that pretty much anywhere. Or you can watch Ken Burns' 4000 dvd set about baseball. Or you can watch Field of Dreams. Or you can have a conversation with Ted Williams' head.

I buy into all of it. There's something fantastic about warm summer days and baseball on the radio, cold beer and cookouts, lawn chairs and green grass. It's all meant to go together. And the Cubs suck.

* * * * *

I don't feel like writing about soccer right now, but the National Team is a whole lot better with our international players. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

* * * * *

Last but not least, the ATF doesn't like ninjas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A blog I read regularly has a review up of the new stadium if you want to check it out.

Click here.