25 January 2006

one hundred and thirty

pizzicato five - happy birthday

If anyone is paying attention, this is the 100th song on the blog (after filling some gaps with songs about bugs in the last two days), accomplishing a dream I've had since I was just three years old. I've never been more proud of myself.

The story behind the song "Happy Birthday" is an interesting one. Did you know the original lyrics were actually

Good morning to you,
Good morning to you,
Good morning, dear children,
Good morning to all.


Instead of just completely plagerizing Snopes, I'll link it.

The song I've posted today isn't that version of the song, or probably any version your familiar with. It's a completely different song with a different melody, sung in Japanese.

Because I don't speak Japanese, I have no idea what it's really about. But I'd like to think it's about how spelling out "thirty" makes me sick to my stomach (just a little bit).

For those interested, I'll be creating a compressed file of all 100 tracks shortly. I've been listening to them all at work and I think it all sits together nicely. Then again, I should, they're all songs I like quite a bit. In any case, if you're interested, please leave a comment.

1 comment:

J said...

Hi mikeyatwoody I am very interested in your 100 song compreesed file of maligned mike music of lore and tampons.

I want you to know that I do regularly check out yr stuffy-poo and want you to continue in creating new directions and platterstorms.

When you have the opportunity, send that lil sumbich o'er to my computer... can u do that with email??

I'll, also, when my fuckin-heimer computer starts operating unincorrectly again, send you a 100 track condensed file of really BAD musique.

Its Friday here in lala land. Enjoy your radish-fungi bike trips...

I hope you robot in hell!

smell ya sometime,
Jonathan