15 August 2005

i have no idea where i was

arcade fire - cold wind
queens of the stone age - the blood is love

I'm so excited by someone I don't know leaving a comment (see the previous post) that I've forced this entry. But that's ok, because they're all forced anyway. On to the music...

First up is Cold Wind by The Arcade Fire. I don't really know where I stand on The Arcade Fire. When I first heard "Funeral" I thought it was fantastic, but it hasn't stood up that well to repeat listenings. I can't ever make it through the whole thing. Part of the reason for this is that I saw what they looked like in some video on MTV. The other part is because I generally hate Canadians.

That's not true; it's just that I wrote "Part of the reason" and then realized I was going to need to say more. Saying "I generally hate Canadians" seemed funny. But it isn't. "I love lamp" is funny.

Alright already. Six Feet Under (a show on HBO) is ending next week, and last night's episode featured "Cold Wind". When it started playing I thought "is that Arcade Fire?" and figured it had to be because of the trademark warbling and the way the song seemed like is kinda sucked but it also seemed good. There's some sort of redemption in this song. I haven't figured it out yet (mainly because I'm just sort of listening to it for the first time right now). But I think it's the part that goes "HEY HEY HEY".

Like I said, this song might suck.

The second triggidy track (you're allowed to hate me for writing that) is "The Blood Is Love" by Queens of the Stone Age. QUOTA are one of my favorite groups because they allow me to pretend I'm covered in fire tattoes and drive cool cars.

Speaking of cool cars, I used to own one of these.



QOTSA make me want to own it again, and run over little kids, and sleep with girls that wear leather underwear.

1 comment:

Mike said...

this is great news.