04 August 2005

and now this

depeche mode - policy of truth
the fall - the birmingham school of business school

Two for today, starting with Depeche Mode's "Policy of Truth". I always thought he was saying "upon a sea of truth" up until the time I downloaded this album 3 months ago. I downloaded this because of a glowing review by a former pitchfork writer. I've owned "Songs of Faith and Devotion" for a long time (it seems to be pretty common in used cd bins), but I don't think I ever really appreciated this band until recently. What's amazing about this track (for me, anyway) is that it's got these horrible synthesiser sax stabs, and I still enjoy it. Usually synth sax stabs are a deal breaker.

Track 2 is The Fall's "Birminham School of Business School", which is long and rambling and Mark E. Smith goes Rawarwarwarwrawrawrwarawrawrwraw and it's fantastic. When I like a Fall song, I really like it.

Ok. Let me know how it goes? Do you enjoy The Fall? Radiohead's Thom Yorke does.

No comments: