23 August 2005

house cleaning

pj harvey - one time too many

My girlfriend and I are preparing a room for our new guest, an old friend of mine who will be staying with us for anywhere up to two years. I'm not sure if this is a bad idea or not, but I'm really fond of the idea of having extra money lying around (he's paying rent).

Last night we started cleaning out two closets in order to make space, and I came across quite a bit of music from my past. Most of this was in cassette form, and although I was really quite tempted to go buy a tape player in order to listen to classics from bands like Metal Church and Duran Duran. How's that for variety?

I ended up throwing it all away. It was cathartic.

I did find some mix cds, though, one of which contained the PJ Harvey track I've posted today. I think this was from a soundtrack, and I'd guess it came from around the time she recorded the To Bring You My Love album.

This track is a 3 minute slice of perfect, and once again makes me realize that I have no idea what the hell happened to the real PJ Harvey.

No comments: