26 August 2005

getting darker earlier

the constantines - on to you
radiohead - i froze up


I suppose it's amazing how much music I've missed in the last couple of years considering how on top of things I like to imagine I am. I think the reason this happens is because I tend to be skeptical about every review I read.

To be honest, I download enough music that I can't even keep up with what I've stolen.

I did buy the M.I.A. album last week because even though I had already downloaded it, I thought enough of it to actually pay for it.

I guess that absolves me of my sins.

Alright. The Constantines are a band I had to keep listening to to get. This happens from time to time. Now I really like them, and I'm sure in another year I'll think they're boring (this happens to every band I ever like, pretty much). For the time being, enjoy the fact that when he sings "ooh ooh I'm on to you" it sounds like the timing is off. And that when the music does come back in suddenly it makes sense. That's a wonderful musical revelation of discovery and I don't know what the fuck this sentence is supposed to be. Did I mention that it gets dark too early now? I'm going to end up fat again.

Track 2 today was ripped from a RealPlayer stream of Radiohead's Christmas webcast a couple years ago. Look, I like Radiohead more than any other band, and I know there's some sort of stigma that goes along with that if you're a music snob, or maybe even if you're not. Guess what? Fuck it.

I could go on about how the band somehow pulls off these huge sounding records and blah blah blah.

I Froze Up is a very small sounding song. The audio quality here is surprisingly good. I like the words.

Leave a comment, you freeloading bitch(es).

No comments: