06 July 2005

i like him

joanna newsom - peach plum pear
modern lovers - i'm straight
tom ze - toc


Continuing with a theme of posting whatever, today I've put up three songs that are completely unrelated, other than I like them.

Track 1, Joanna Newsom's "Peach Plum Pear" is a song I've written about before; I discovered it in a blog I have linked here. As I've said before, Miss Newsom manages to sound like about 5 different people here, and I find it highly entertaining. Not to mention that I just happen to enjoy the song for song's sake.

Track 2, Modern Lover's "I'm Straight".... I'm not in the mood for this today. It's a good song, either you like it or you don't, maybe no one's reading this anyway, and I don't feel like I need to entertain myself today. Fuck it.

Track 3 is by Tom Ze, this Brazilian dude (I guess) and I sounds like a Books' song. A lot of stereo panning, very sort of minimalist guitars parts, and I'm in the mood for Taco Bell. Bye. Fuck it.

1 comment:

Mike said...

wesley willis is dead, dave.