01 July 2005

no wars no cars i wish it could be true

ellen allien - wish
annie - heartbeat
basement jaxx - hot and cold


If you consider yourself hip and on top of things musically, these tracks may be old news to you. In that case... Whatever. I guess I've just outed myself... I think I'm hip and on top of things musically. But don't think that if you're not familiar with these songs that I think you're not hip and on top of things musically. I just think you're swell.

Track #1 today is Ellen Allien's "Wish". Ellen Allien is a german DJ. I don't really know much about her except that he's into animals and wires and doesn't like cars. I tend to think that people that are against the idea of cars have never really been out in America. And while I quite enjoyed Japan's rail system when I visited, sometimes you just need a car. Anyway, sentiment aside (and it's not really a big deal to me anyway), this song is good stuff, and (ironically enough) sounds fantastic blaring out of the speakers of my VW Golf.

Track 2, Annie's "Heartbeat", is a song about hearts, and beating, and trully trully like a mystery (I think?). Get ready to dancercize! I have no stories for these songs. I just like them. Get off my back. I'm in a writing rut here. Two for two on songs that aren't filled with oogly boogly sadness.

I've chosen Basement Jaxx's "Hot And Cold" as my third track today, because it's good. Sometimes I'll choose a song because it's horrible, which is why from now on all I'm posting is Crazy Frog and other homemade crap remixes of Axel F. Seriously though, Beverly Hills Cop, Bitch.

Have a nice holiday weekend, unless you're in Japan, in which case you should just have a nice weekend.

No comments: