11 July 2005

i could be one of the dead

REPOSTED TRACK - john frusciante - running away into you
john frusciante - past recedes
john frusciante - your pussy's glued to a building on fire


Today I've put up three tracks by John Frusciante, one of which I've posted before. The last time I posted Frusciante track I had a very good response, and I recently discovered another album by him, so I thought I'd revisit his music.

The first new track, "Past Recedes", is from the album "Curtains", which was released after John had gotten off the drugs and rejoined the Chili Peppers. I downloaded the track just this past Friday, and driving home from work I was struck by how good the Curtain album sounds. It perfectly fit my mood that day, which was sort of a resigned to boredom hot summer day driving kind of vibe. I really could have posted any of the first 5 songs from the album, because honestly I'm not that familiar with the whole thing yet because my iTrip crapped out on me. You'll probably immediately notice how far John's music has come here, as this more put together and better produced than anything off of "Niadre Lades and Usually Just A T-Shirt", which is the album I posted from earlier.

"Your Pussy's Glued to a Building On Fire", from Niandre Lades, is my second choice today. After giving you a hint at how strange the Niandre Lades album is with "Running Away Into You", I thought I could help you dive in headfirst. I don't really remember if this particular track has the random screaming/screeching/dying that about 70% of Niandre Lades has, but in any case it's chock full of odd, which means (at least for me) it's enjoyable about once every 6 months.

Alright. Fantastic.

No comments: