18 May 2005

user participation post

blood brothers - every breath is a bomb

Although I know a request for user participation is as likely to be granted as would be a wish that the Indiana Fairy would somehow move the St. Louis Cardinals to my backyard , I'm going to ask that you give this song a shot anyway. Because...

The Blood Brothers are coming to town, and although I don't really care what anyone thinks of me, I'm just sort of wondering if I'm too old (or worse yet, too middle class banana republic) to be going to see a band like the Blood Brothers.

The song I've posted is from "Burn Piano Island Burn", an album it took me a while to get, only because I have trouble comprehending record reviews and didn't expect what I heard. The song I've posted is the most accessible song on the record, easily.

It's what some folks would call "screamo" music (emo + screaming), but don't let that put you off. It's not like you're paying to listen to it.

So give it a shot, and let me know if you think you'd be comfortable at a Blood Brothers show. And based off what you think about yourself, I'll decide what I think about myself.

(Another note: There are no women in this band. If you think that higher screamy voice is a woman, you are mistaken. Gina made this mistake.)

1 comment:

Mike said...

of course your opinion matters.

yeah, i don't know if it's boss in the room material.