16 May 2005

i can't stop looking at bicycles

mylo - sunworshipper

I have a recent obsession with bicyles. Well, maybe not so recent. I've been a fan of bicycles for five or so years now, but lately I've shifted my focus from mountain bikes to road bikes (or what we always called ten speeds when I was a kid). Unfortunately, from what I've read, if you really want to get into road bicycling, you're better off spending (what seems to me to be) alot of money right off the bat, because it allows you to be happy with your bike as you get more and more into the hobby.

I need about $1200.

Anyway, today's song choice is by Mylo, a group or person I know next to nothing about. I read a review of this album (titled "Destroy Rock and Roll") and gave it a shot, and I enjoy it quite a bit. This song has an blatant bicycle connection, but I'll leave it up to you to discover.

I suppose this song reminds me a bit of Air. But the album doesn't have an Air-like vibe altogether; in fact, it's quite danceable and I listen to it alot at the gym.

This one goes out to Jon, because he too likes his bicycle.

* * * * *

I'd also like to point out that this is the tenth song I've covered. Right now I'm thinking I'll go to 100. We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Mike said...

well..

first off, i don't really have anyone to help me, and secondly i don't really know what i'm talking about. i can't even do maintenence on the bike i own now.

most of the learning i'm doing is by reading stuff online when i'm at work, and there's a good chance i'm reading the wrong stuff.

i kinda think um...

i dunno.