23 January 2009

blood, gore, disfigurement!

The tip of my finger - the one I tried to cut off last week - was healing nicely. I decided that it no longer needed a band-aid for protection.

And then yesterday while dressing for the gym, I caught it on a sock or something, and tore the whole thing back open. Blood running down the hand, that sort of thing.

This is only worth noting because it's going to heal somewhat uneven - I've got a small flap of skin (where it doesn't line up quite right) that hang over the fingernail. That's going to have to be trimmed away, eventually.

So when I'm 60 and my finger is missing a chunk of skin, I should remember that it all happened because I used a dull knife. And because I had trouble putting on a sock.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still think it's amazing that when you cut your finger, it heals with the same fingerprint.

Brant A. Zurliene said...

I guess the hand modeling career is totally out of the question for you now. Nice going Mike! And to think I had planned to sponge off you when you made it big. Your blatant disregard for my family's financial security sickens me.

Mike said...

I think you're underestimating the need for gnarled hands in zombie movies. They don't even put hands in watch ads anymore... but close up hand shots in zombie movies are a hollywood staple. I think.

Brant A. Zurliene said...

Yeah but then you would have to mangle the other hand too...