10 December 2008

My first road bike

So I was just browsing craigslist, and I do on occasion, and came across this:


And the memories came flooding back.

That bike, a seafoam green murray ten speed, was my first road bike, way back in probably 1986. Bryan had a blue huffy with blue tires, and I had that Murray. And we'd ride around pretending our bikes were F-15s, and calling each other Maverick and Goose.

It's too bad my bike allocation has been filled. I could really use a crappy Murray that I'd never ride.

4 comments:

Brant A. Zurliene said...

http://ropeitrealgood.blogspot.com/

I am going to try to keep up with this. Can't say I'll be as consistent as you have been over the years though.

Mike said...

Rad. I'll have to catch up with you at some point over Xmas back home if we can work it in.

Brant A. Zurliene said...

Sounds good to me. It's been like 2 years ya know. By the way, how do you like the beard?

Mike said...

you look positively jesusy.