03 July 2007

We suck

As it turns out, USA C-Team isn't very good. I guess it's better to find this out in tournaments we have no interested in winning, but it would have been nice to get out of the first round - it sort of feels like the world cup all over again, except this time I don't really care.

But it's about time we stop claiming moral victories because Argentina didn't beat us by 6. Any time you lose 4-1 you got spanked, regardless of what Diego Maradona says. Or anyone else, for that matter. This isn't 1990 - a loss is a loss.

Last night's loss to Paraguay was just as bad as the Argentina loss - poor finishing, lackadaisical play, and guys that just aren't ready...

Anyway, it's the C-Team - I guess this is what we could have expected. I was just hoping for better.

* * * * *

In other news, HeiĆ°ar Helguson appears to be on his way out at Fulham. In his place they're looking at Diomansy Kamara (who may or may not be signed already) - he's got 21 goals in 60 appearances for West Brom, so I guess he'll be a nice pickup. It beats Brian McBride's 28 goals in 123 appearances - and I thought McBride was pretty productive.

Former Fulham man (and Canadian) Tomasz Radzinski is set for a move to Rangers in Scotland, where he can compete for time with DaMarcus Beasley, I guess. Hmm.

Ok, that's all I got.

No comments: