07 June 2007

my new favorite german

There was a time in my life when rock and roll meant everything, and I lived and died by the code established by awesomely rockin' bands like Skid Row and Testament. Those days are long gone (he said, with a tear in his eye), but I still hate the fucking Scorpions.

Maybe it was The 1989 Moscow Music Peace Festival. A bunch of bands went over to Russia, put on a big show, and the footage must have been on MTV, or else I don't know how I'd know about it. And there, in the middle of it all, changing the world with a whistling little ditty, were the Scorpions. And the worst song ever, Winds of Change.

Anyway, today's new favorite german is Scorpions lead singer Klaus Meine. Why? Because I'm hoping for some sort of reverse mojo. I'm hoping that perhaps I can make his head explode. All through the power of love.

We'll see how it goes.

So perhaps tomorrow you'll open up CNN.com and see the headline "Scorps singer's head explodes!!!". And then you'll think "thank you, Mike". And all will be right with the world again.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I folow the Moskva
Down to Gorky Park
Listening to the wind of change
An August summer night
Soldiers passing by
Listening to the wind of change

The world is closing in
Did you ever think
That we could be so close, like brothers
The future's in the air
I can feel it everywhere
Blowing with the wind of change

Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow dream away
in the wind of change

Mike said...

I bet you typed that from memory.

Mike said...

also, needs more whistling.

Anonymous said...

that song is truly a pile of ass. but the rest of the scorpions catalog is rad. alice cooper was just playing some scorpions on his radio show two nights ago...good stuff. do you by chance listen to his radio show?...it's surprisingly really awesome, and funny.

-spitz

Mike said...

No, I cannot say that I listen to Alice Cooper's radio show. Where can I find Alice Cooper's radio show?

Anonymous said...

it's on 94.5 weeknights. he plays good and obscure rock and what not. and he's honestly really funny in a deadpan sort of way.

- spitz

J said...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007190295,00.html

This has no german relation whatsoever, thus in tune with the fact that your favorite german has no tune with normalcy.

J said...

that last bitof the address is html

Unknown said...

Any idiot can whistle. I should have been a rock band. I would have rocked you like a hurricane.