07 May 2007

the weekend

Friday, Gina and I went to Brugge for dinner - I can't say enough about Ted's beers... the guy just gets it completely right every time. I haven't had anything ever remotely questionable out of a Brugge tap. Everything is just dead on.

Saturday I decided to Tivo the Fulham match and get a bike ride in. My friend and I did 56 miles north of Eagle Creek Park. It was alright.

Then I got home and watched Fulham - expecting a loss, because that's just the way things have gone lately. Liverpool played a bunch of guys I've never seen before... Clint Dempsey didn't start (a mistake, I thought), and the game dragged on and on in the Fulhamish tie/loss sort of way. Then this:



I jumped off the couch, screaming, accidentally kicking a plate of General Tsao's chicken off the living room table and all over the carpet. Gina was nice enough to clean it up for me.

What a way to start your EPL goalscoring, though - A game winner that keeps Fulham from being relegated.

Gina and I then got in the convertible and headed out to get lost, which we did for a while, but eventually we ended up somewhere south of Bloomington, where we ate at a random roadside restaurant. It was good, I had the salsa/talapia.

I did not watch RSL, because it was on a channel I don't get. Even though I'm paying for the DirectKick package. They tied 3-3. A surprise.

Sunday Gina and I rode 43 miles - She didn't seem to like it.

I now have a really wonderful sunburn.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Liverpool put their kids on the pitch against Fulham. I'm not happy about Liverpool losing a game they should have won, but I am happy to see that Deuce got his first goal (which should help his confidence) and that Fulham has helped themselves to stay up in the Premiership.

Mike said...

Yeah, it was definitely Liverpool reserves/B team. We'll take it anyway.

Jim said...

Props also to Dempsey for making Xabi Alonso his bitch. Not many players succeed in doing that. Dempsey blew by Alonso like he was a mannequin.

Anonymous said...

Aw. Gina. I miss her. She was just about the only cool girl in H.S. Tell her "howdy" from her secretary.