09 May 2007

Now what.

Ok, the Premiership is basically over now, and MLS is in full swing - but I don't watch enough MLS to sustain a blog. Instead, I'll fill the blog with links or something.

I'm all over the map. Here it goes:

Links stolen directly from Inhabit:
The first project as a result of the Masdar Initiative is a new 6 million square meter sustainable development that uses the traditional planning principals of a walled city, together with existing technologies, to achieve a zero carbon and zero waste community. (link)
I like the idea of sustainable cities. I also really like my car. But if it ever came to getting rid of cars completely... well, as long as we have high speed rail (or something along those lines), I'm ok with it. Japan's network of trains really sold me on the idea.

We'll still need roads for bicycles.

And how about this as a different idea for One Indiana Square?
CFS celebrates the completion of the iconic Co-operative Insurance Solar Tower that it hopes will act as a timely reminder of the need to tackle climate change.

The work to cover the 400 ft service tower of the landmark building in the centre of Manchester is now complete and all 7,000 photovoltaic panels are feeding electricity into the building.

The solar panels will create 181,000 units of renewable electricity each year - equivalent to the energy needed to power 55 homes for a year. (link)
I bought a gas mower a month ago - I could have bought a manual push mower, but let's be realistic.

I'm all for everyone else being environmentally conscious, though.

From Non-Profit Dad:
The Toolbox contains some helpful information directed at new fathers, and is distributed to them while still in the hospital after delivery. We came up with this program for two reasons. First, as any of you know who have had babies recently, the information given to new parents after birth is targeted solely to the new mother. No hospital in the area is giving anything to the new dad when he is in greatest need of information. So we decided that we would. (link)
Chris (the author) is a fellow Hoosier Beer Geek... so we've just met a few months ago. His work (the work of Dad's Inc.) is pretty inspiring, really. Not inspiring enough to get me off my ass and involved, but it's pretty cool to know someone doing something so good for the community.

From Notcot:
Invotis is selling all sorts of odd and/or creative products... I particularly like the dog-shaped briefcase... but I thought it was just a dog-shaped dog carrier. I suppose it could be, if you cut some air holes in it.
Last but certainly not least, Hoosier Beer Geek is having a contest. Or not.
In order to win a calendar, we want you to share your Food/Beer stories - perhaps a story of an odd pairing, something that went horribly wrong, or maybe something that went surprisingly right. To be honest, we don't even care if it's your story. Just leave your name (any name you choose is fine) and story in the comments for this post, and at the next roundtable we'll pick our favorites.
You already knew about that though, because I tried to harass everyone I know about submitting something. And how many submissions did we get? Zero. Awesome.

I could keep going, but I won't.

As Paul Harvey says, "Good Day!"

F Paul Harvey.

No comments: