01 April 2007

Rewards

If you were to watch the video I took while visiting Japan back in 03 or 02 or whenever that was, you'd come across a point where a yellow Mazda eunos streaks across the screen. I follow it with the camera, and say "that's for the memory bank when I get home."

When I visited Japan again in 05, the new Eunos (not yet on sale in America) was on display in the Hiroshima train station. I stopped to look at it, and decided that it passed the test.

I've been a fan of the Eunos (or Miata in America) since the very first model back in 1990, two years before I turned 16. The automotive press loved the car, and I remember reading about how fun it was to drive. The reviews of the car haven't changed much since then, but the car has gotten better and better.

As we get older, I think sometimes we forget those ideas we had when we were younger. Maybe they're unpractical impractical or unworkable, maybe life gets in the way.

The truth is, it probably is unpracticle impractical, but it's in my garage anyway.

*

I should spent the money on education instead. or a proofreader. Actually, i've already got a proofreader.

2007 Mazda Miata Touring Hardtop Convertible 6 Speed Manual.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear that car has lightning speed and flashy good looks. Is that true? Can you pick up hot Japanese women with the snap of a finger while driving past? Did it come with a free barbecue grill? Whatever. Congrats!

Mike said...

All of those things are true. Except the Japanese women and the snapping of fingers and the bbq grill.