17 January 2007

While I'm on the topic...

In a couple weeks I'm having 4 friends come from the St. Louis area to visit for my birthday; We plan to spend a Saturday afternoon at Brugge drinking, watching a bit of soccer, and eating good food. Afterwards, we'll probably all retire to my house for a nap. Together. Naked. I didn't tell them that part. It's a birthday surprise.

THE QUESTION:

Saturday evening is wide open, we're all pretty cheap bastards, and we need something to do. We are generally quiet people who prefer bars where you can actually hold a conversation. If you had a group of 5 guys in need of a way to spend a Saturday evening in Indy, where would you go? Duck pin bowling? It's a possibility, but that basement is sort of creepy, really. But it's on the list anyway.

By the way, if anyone reading this wants to join in, let me know. Even if it's just for the nap.

2 comments:

Jim said...

If you don't mind smoke, hit the Red Key Tavern. It's custom made for cheap bastards - cheap drinks and cheap (albeit greasy) food.

I'd also say Broad Ripple Brewpub is doable on a budget. They have the cheapest brewpub beer on tap in the whole city.

Downtown: There's always MacNiven's, although that bar tends to get really noisy and the pints are a bit pricy. The Old Point Tavern is also a possibility, as is the Chatterbox before 10:00 p.m. You can get cheap drinks there, but after 10:00, you'll have music to contend with.

Mike said...

Thanks for the suggestions, Jim... I found them just in time.