11 January 2007

This turned into an MLS blog all of a sudden


It didn't take Fox Soccer Shop long to get the jerseys up for sale... though that number isn't right, is it?

This Beckham thing is crazy. Sure, they've been talking about it forever, and sure, the rule is pretty much known as "The Beckham Rule", but who really thought he was coming over? I didn't.

$250 million dollars is a whole lotta money. I just hope it turns out. He's certainly saying all the right things (video link).

He's not over until August, even though the league starts in April... so that's a bit odd. I wonder when LA is in Chicago and/or Columbus? I'd like to see him play.

1 comment:

Mike said...

He's not really getting $250 mil anyway.. that's the combined total of his contract, prospective endorsement deals, returns on the sale of locks of his hair... more here.

I hate to say it, but MLS is pretty famous for using numbers that aren't exactly real... check out attendence figures sometime.