23 January 2007

a ridehorsey/big car colab

For those of you who aren't familiar with Big Car, here's a description:
Big Car is a non-profit 501c3 arts organization with a gallery and performance venue in the Fountain Square neighborhood of Indianapolis, Indiana. In our space in the Murphy Art Center, we host live music, spoken word events, and a new art show each month. We prefer work -- be it visual, words or music -- that is doing something new, that is taking a chance, that bends reality into something that wasn't there before. We like experiments. We like darkness. We like work with an edge. We like humor. We like to have fun doing something new.
A couple weeks back, Jim at Big Car started doing a daily comic on the Big Car website based on reader submissions, but after about four comics, it seemed that he was already running out of submissions.

Because I've tried the reader submission thing myself before, I knew that that can be a little frustrating. So I pulled a few stories out of my old blog posts, and sent them to him. And today he used one of them, which I would post here, but I think it's better that you head on over to the Big Car website and check it out yourself (the comic is about halfway down the page - Rip Roaring #6). For my friends Brent, Jim F, and Dave, it's especially relevant. And while you're there, check out some of the comic archives here.

3 comments:

scot said...

Take that INtake!

One of these days I will actually get down to Big Car for a show.

I hope.

Anonymous said...

How can you pick that over Centaur Charlie....or seeing a buffalo get hit by a car.

Mike said...

You've got a point, Mark. I didn't send him those stories, though.