26 December 2006

the suit guy was right

I went back to Illinois for the holiday, and brought my suit along - because now that I've got a suit, I really have no reason to wear it.

Sunday I got suited up, buttoned up, took a look in the mirror, and thought "oh boy".

Back on the bike for me. I quick weighing at home last evening confirmed that I'm carrying about 10 extra pounds. It'll sneak up on you just like that.

The only question I have is was I ten pounds lighter when I bought the suit? It was only two weeks ago... seems unlikely. Was I impulsive? Probably. That's how I make major purchases.

In any case, the coat fits well, as long as I don't button up.

Idiot.

I celebrated my suit issues by eating something like 2 cinnamon rolls, then like 3 sausage cheese pastry things for breakfast yesterday, and a chicken breast, fettuccine, two pieces of lasagna, and two pieces of tiramisu for dinner last night. We had an Italian Christmas, and I ate like Fat Tony.

Tonight I'll be sweating with Coach Troy in my living room.

1 comment:

Arthur said...

Damn the suit guy! He's always right. He's like the old-crazy-drunken-homeless guy in movies who gives out crazy warnings to the main characters who never listen to him and end up dead.