14 November 2006

wowie zowie

I'm not sure if it's a function of Firefox, or what, really, but anytime I start to type something into the subject box for a new post, it brings up the most recent things I've ever typed in that box that starts with the same letter. For example, if I type the letter "b" into the title box, I get the following choices in a drop down box:

back to bear lodge
because bike posts generate a ton of comments
begging for wellwishes
bikedog! bikeydog! dikeybog! bog! superdogbike!
birds are singing
bonus

There are a few reasons this is a great feature, the main one being that I don't repeat myself. This post was almost titled "bikedog! bikeydog! dikeybog! bog! superdogbike!"

* * * * *

When I moved to Indianapolis some 6 years ago (frightening), I never bothered to find a new dentist. Instead, I took Fridays off work, drove all the way back to Illinois, and saw my old dentist. He has been my dentist my entire life; In fact I can remember him telling me that cookie monster was in my ear. That's quite a long-term relationship. But the last time I saw him, he told me to find a dentist closer to home (Indianapolis home). He also told me that cookie monster had moved to somewhere more spacious.

That was probably two to three years ago, and I still haven't bothered to find a new dentist. I did find cookie monster's new place, and it's very nice.

Now, maybe it's a little gross that I haven't been to the dentist in two or three years. I've always been of the opinion that you don't bother with anything health related until either it nearly kills you or it scares the crap out of you. This is the same approach my father took, and when he finally did go see a doctor, he ended up dead. Well, eventually, anyway. So...

Yeah. I probably should find a dentist. While on vacation my tooth chipped (yet again) and to be honest that doesn't bother me in the least bit, except now every time I eat it feels like I'm missing a tooth. Prior to that it hurt a lot and I was trying all sort of home what-do-we-have-that-might-make-this-feel-better remedies, like aspirin and tooth spray and gum (gum really doesn't work, by the way, but it's great if you're the sort of person who likes to poke things that hurt). I tried jabbing it with the pointy end of one of those floss tools. In a previous life I was the sort of person who believed in bloodletting.

What am I going to do? Nothing.

* * * * *

I had some sort of point when I started writing today, but I seem to have forgotten it now.

Ah, yes.

Nevermind.

* * * * *

Did you know that Shift + Delete key permanently deletes an item from your Outlook mailbox without having to go into your deleted items and deleting it again? I just learned something. Now I'm sharing. There, it wasn't a total waste of time, was it?

* * * * *

I'm running a new blogger version, or something, and it allows me to put labels at the end of my posts. So some day when you're like "what did he write about superdogbike?" you can find it by label, I guess. I really don't know how it works, but it makes me feel like I'm doing important work that someone might want to use for reference sometime in the future. And so, here's some labels.

3 comments:

Arthur said...

I like how french onion soup is one of your labels. I have a great dentist if you're ever interested in going back. If you'd rather just wait till all your teeth fall out, except for that last one that you decide you want to keep as a memory of the full set you used to have, that's fine too.

Mike said...

i will gladly take your dentist suggestion. at some point i will definitely need to see one.

thanks thanks.

Arthur said...

Alright, my dentist is Steve Farrar. He really is a great guy and a great dentist. Let me know beforehand if you actually end up going to him. Here's a map to his place and has a phone number on it. Good luck!

Steve Farrar, D.D.S.