16 November 2006

that tsucked

My soccer team, the Southside Tsunami, lost its second game last night by the scored of 9-7. In our league, each player is only allowed to score twice; at that point any goals scored by that player would not count. In addition, each team must field two woman at all times, and teams that are short a woman must play minus a player. Oh, and goals scored by women count as two goals.

So while we were leading 7-6 late in the game, a goal by an opposing female costs us the game.

What I'm wondering is what exactly the thinking is as far as the man short thing... basically they're saying that a gal doesn't really count as a player, right? But then to make matters worse, they count gal goals for two...

In our league, just like many other coed leagues I've played in, there are always a few stronger female players than male players per team.. it doesn't make sense. I'm offended.

Mainly because we lost.

Now, I've played on a lot of really horrible teams before, so just being competitive is fun. So I'm not really complaining about the team, or the loss... if I need anything to complain about I can complain about the two strained groin muscles I have today.

Unfortunately, the line "I need a groin massage" doesn't really get my anywhere, so instead I tried various forms of stretches combined with sit-ups and god knows what else. Yesterday evening I was slightly worried that I was going to have trouble walking today. Instead, I feel pretty decent.

After last weeks game, my playstation skills took a hit: It was quite painful to lift my legs up onto the coffee table. We can't have that.

With any luck that won't be the case this time... I'll see how it goes tonight.

No comments: