11 October 2006

my new favorite german

In honor of my friends wondering if I was gay all through high school, I've become a regular viewer of Bravo's Project Runway. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the show, the premise is as follows: 10 amateur (or not so amateur) clothing designers are chosen to live in a New York apartment and contribute a piece of clothing for periodic fashion contests. If the piece of clothing is judged to be the worst of the group, the designer is kicked off the show.

I'm not sure why I watch the show; I'd like to say it's because of the random flashes of near-naked models, or maybe because it gets me laid, but neither of those are true. I probably watch the show because it's interesting television, and I enjoy watching gay and/or delusional people. And then of course, there's Heidi Klum, my new favorite German.

Heidi Klum and I have run away to Cambodia where we will start an army of midgets to protect our castle. But before any of that happened, Heidi was hosting Project Runway with a flair that was unmatched by any television personality ever. Each week I can tune into Project Runway to see how or what Heidi is wearing. In many cases, it is completely horrible for her, but through it all she manages to be amazingly beautiful. Even while pregnant with baby Seals, Heidi manages to look amazing. And I totally hate babies or anything related to babies.

And Heidi likes the World Cup and Franz Beckenbauer*. So that seals the deal. Heidi Klum, my new favorite German.

* * * * *

*Also German

3 comments:

Mike said...

isn't he your neighbor now? careful what you say here, it could get back to him and then god only knows what could happen.

scot said...

I am completely addicted to Project Runway as well, for all of the reasons you mentioned and with none of the side effects either (meaning, stunningly, i am not getting laid for watching it either).

but as for ms klum. last night her first outfit...how the hell can you be as pregnant as she is and pull of a sundress like top and skinny jeans. she looked stunning. Also, Uli didn't look too bad coming back from miami a bit tan.

1 week till the finale, and then what do i do? get hooked on top chef?

Mike said...

i hear that top chef is actually pretty good, so i'm thinking of trying that on this year.. apparently if you get hooked on top chef the two series run back to back and you have fresh entertainment all year.

so, yeah. top chef.