21 September 2006

random

I don't have much going on right now. I didn't ride the bike yesterday, I've felt horrible for a couple days. I blame Bicycling Magazine and my delusions of time trial racing. I'm looking into this, for next year. Look forward to endless entries about my 40k time.

I bought another Lance Armstrong book yesterday; he didn't write this one, and I think it's more about the bicycling than the cancer. I tried to pick up Sarah Katherine Lewis' Indecent (she's on my livejournal friends list), but although the local Borders said it had the book in stock, it was impossible to find on the shelf.

Is Amazon not working in Firefox for anyone else?

Tomorrow after work I'm planning to head out to the Major Taylor Velodrome for the 2006 NCCA Track Championship. It's free, as far as I know. Track racing is also something I've been looking into a bit, so I might as well go size up the competition. I look forward to winning the championship next year, in my freshman year of collegiate cycling. I'll be attending U-WISH.

Sorry.

Saturday I'll either be at the Velodrome again or at Brugge (third straight week... that's the closest I've ever been to being a regular anywhere) for Man U/Reading. That game is at noon on Fox Soccer Channel, which works out well since Fulham/Chelsea is on Sentanta at 9:45 am. Sentanta just added a second channel (Sentanta XTRA, DirecTV channel 670) so that they can carry even more Premiership games. My Tivo weeps. As does Gina.

Saturday evening at 8:30, Real Salt Lake's playoff hopes are on the like as they take on FC Dallas. After last week's Non-Televised, shorthanded, come from behind victory against Dallas (which was apparently RSL's BEST GAME EVER), it should be interesting to see how the teams play again this week. I don't get that bit of scheduling, but keep in mind this is a league that will have 13 teams next year, so perhaps they're scheduling geniuses.

YARG!

I dunno. I dress well on occasion. Here's a tip: Black socks with sneakers. You'll look European. Everyone loves Europe.

AND LAST, AND LEAST, here's a Weird Al video. I'm not really a Weird Al fan, but this is pretty good stuff, I think.

2 comments:

Arthur said...

Dang, I didn't know Weird Al was still doing stuff. I grew up listening to his junk. Thanks for the video.

Mike said...

Not only is Weird Al still around, apparently his new album has a take-up of R. Kelly's "Trapped In the Closet".

Considering how ridiculous the original is, I can't imagine what he's done with it.