21 August 2006

things are looking sideways

See what happens when you talk up Wayne Rooney?

Fulham began their Premiership campaign with a thud as Man U went on a 12 minute goal-scoring bonanza that left the Cottagers completely shellshocked and bewildered. Man U is going to be a monster this year if they continue with the sort of effort that had Sunday. It was like watching an MLS All-Star team against Chelsea.

Ok maybe not like that at all.

Speaking of monsters, have you seen the play of the new RSL? Sunday's win against Houston makes for four straight, and just two points out of the last playoff spot. Or three out of third place. I didn't catch this one on the tv because it was on HD.net, and I don't get that channel (though I'm sure I could for just another $12 or something).

Aside from a lot of soccer this weekend, I attended the Indiana State Fair (which is really pretty worthless unless you're into fried foods) and bought some jeans at an outlet mall. And I ate Indian food and rode a bike. And cut the my grass. And looked at a Miata (probably developments on this in the coming week, I'm guessing...)

1 comment:

J said...

things will look up o'er at fulham. they have a great retirement package for their retired workers, a great goalie coach and an amazing fullback trainer. Trust me.