05 February 2006

this is what happens when 60 year olds wear tight pants

Here's your Superbowl halftime update! (I don't know that it actually merits an exclamation point, but whatever).

START ME UP Well here's a surprise...

You know, at least Paul McCartney manages to get the words out when he's singing. If you're that short of breath, Mick, maybe you should cut out the prancing.

ROUGH JUSTICE!

Did he just say "baby chicken"? I think he did.

Can't they just book U2 from now until forever? I don't even like U2 that much, but at least they get it right.

The pregame interview with Mick Jagger was fantastic.

"Mick, better dynasty... the Steelers or Manchester United?"

"Well, Manchester isn't doing so well this year, and Pittsburgh wasn't expected to do so well." Fantastic answer, Mick.

Suprisingly enough, "Rough Justice" seems to have a better presentation than "Start Me Up". I guess when you've played a song several billion times you lose your enthusiasm.

SATISFACTION

Honestly, you'd be hard pressed to find a better song than "Satisfaction". But when did the words change to "but I twy? (or is it twie?)

In any case, I hope I look as good as Charlie Watts when I'm that age. My brother had a drum set, and I know for a fact that being a drummer (even when you don't know what you're doing) is completely exhausting. He's like a granite drumming robot.

Keith on the other hand... well, you know what you're getting there. Though every time I see him I wonder how it's possible that he looks worse.

Anyway, that's over with.

PS. He wasn't in the end zone.

2 comments:

torporindy said...

Yeah, we noted that Charlie Watts is the only person in the group who doesn't die his hair, yet he looks the best of all of them.

Mick looks like he is in great shape. I must admit he has better abs than I do, but he was terribly out of breath.

Mike said...

I sort of straddle the fence on if they're deserving of praise or abuse, just because if I think of my parents or grandparents doing what they're doing, I'd either be really embarrassed or really enthralled. At least they're not sitting around the house bitching about the high price of medication or something.

I guess we should ask their kids what they think.