28 January 2006

This is the story all about how my life got flip-turned upside down


Jada Pinkett Smith is gettin' jiggy with it in her new metal band. Look, rich people gotta vent too. To be honest, I must be late to this party, because they played Ozzfest last year (where some metalheads obviously didn't know what they were up to).

Here, Jada explains the inspriation for the lead off single "Something Inside of Me", which features the use of the word Motherfucker. I wonder if she feels like she has to use curse words to sell records?
"She was found in the woods, just completely ravaged and left there like some kind of rag doll," Pinkett Smith recalled in a Jan. 6 interview from her Los Angeles home. "This was somebody's child. I remember being so broken up about it. I remember having to go to an event that day and being on the red carpet. I had to keep my composure. That wasn't a place that I was supposed to talk about that. It really upset me that we're in a society now that was so desensitized from such traumatic events. We are supposed to go on with our day and act like nothing happened."

She's right, you know.

Here's a link to the video. I don't know if this really counts as riding coattails, but if it is it could have been much worse.

1 comment:

torporindy said...

Ha!

"Will Smith don't gotta cuss in his raps to sell records
Well I do, so fuck him and fuck you too."