29 December 2005

you're my jellybean

blur - trimm trabb

I've got to tell you about this fantastic band named Blur. I was digging through the blur folder in my music and it's really impossible to pick one blur song to post because blur are just a great and happy and joyous and wonderful and sad and amazing group. And anything I could say about blur couldn't do justice to how I really feel about how their music, especially their last three albums.

Anyway, I picked Trimm Trabb because I hadn't heard it in a while. I have a live version that I like alot, but I didn't post the live version because generally I don't like live versions of anything and I suspect that I'm not the only person that feels this way. I really have no way of confirming my suspicions.

The studio version of Trimm Trabb is great because it's muffled and muddy until the guitar comes crashing through and...

* * * * *

If I accomplish anything with these entries, it certainly isn't good writing. It's almost unbearable for me to go back and read them because they're so poorly done. But what I really want to convey is my enthusiasm for the music. So I hope that comes through.

Yesterday I was thinking about how the time I put in reading about music can serve as a hinderance as much as a gateway into new music. For example, I put off listening to Sufjan Stevens for months based on the things I had read about his background. But then when I finally did listen, I was more that surprised that I liked his music quite a bit.

Anyway, from that I thought that maybe I should make a music blog where I take all the tags and labels out of the songs, and just post them under a generic file name, so that the listener has no context at all (apart from the fact that I posted it).

Then of course the next day (or maybe a week later) I could post the pertinent information in case someone wants to follow up. It seems like a good idea to me, but I sort of wonder what kind of audience would be attracted to such a thing.

So I don't know... anyone have any thoughts on this? Anyone reading this other than two people I went to high school with?

And why hasn't this blog had any visits from Africa?

No comments: