15 July 2005

unaborted aborted post

Song Added by Request 7/19/05 - Geto Boys - Fuck Em'

Originally Posted 7/15/05

I don't really want to post this song any more, but I do want to post what I wrote because I thought it was important enough to save as a draft for the past month.

Track #4, if I have space, is the Geto Boys "Fuck Em'", which wins the award for most uses of Scarface samples in a song. It is my belief that this is a Rick Rubin produced song from way back in like 1994 or something. I think hip hop hit a sweet spot right around then, and with this track the proof is in the pudding. The Geto Boys (and that IS how you spell their name. I double checked) were pretty great because they've got a really smart sounding midget, songs about cutting up prostitutes, and they're from Houston, which is where Jason went to school.

Well fuck it I ran out of space. I'll post the geto boys track next time.

No comments: