22 July 2005

2 weeks off

underworld - two months off

I've recently been thinking about my upcoming vacation and that always sort of leads to thoughts of my relationship with my pal Jon and sort of "how did I get here". Also, this time around, I'm wondering if I'll have the best time ever, again, or if I'll get sick like last time (still had the best time ever) or if my current ankle problems will fix themselves because Japan involves a ton of walking.

Whatever, you don't really care about that.

The song I've put up today is Underworld's "Two Months Off", a track that contains the vocal stylings of Naomi Campbell (at least it sounds A LOT like her. I know this because we're old friends) before the song really kicks into high gear.

Jon introduced me to Underworld many years ago now, and this introduction opened a lot of musical door for me. Prior to Underworld, I pretty much hated anything dance-related; Nowadays all I want to do is dance. In fact, right now I'm doing the lambada with a stapler. It's hard to not appreciate the amount of freedom I have at work.

So this one is dedicated to Jon. I hope he hasn't heard this track, though I'm guessing he probably has. I've always wanted Jon to like the things I've introduced to him, and I think I'm probably hitting at about a 25-40% clip... maybe I'm better than that, maybe I'm worse. I think it's sort of natural to want to share and hope people enjoy the same things you do... I think I've probably written about this before. Ok. I'm going to stop typing now.

No comments: