01 June 2005

what are you, talkin' clothes?

r. kelly - trapped in the closet (part 1)

You've really got to hand it to R. Kelly. Somehow he's not in jail, despite the fact that millions have seen him urinating on an underage girl. He must have some kind of moxy.

I can remember when the allegations started, and the video was floating around the internet, and you could turn on MTV news and see his fans defending him. "Oh R. Kelly's a good man!" "R. Kelly has bladder problems! He couldn't help himself!" "I pee on my little cousin all the time!"

Whatever. The R. Kelly pee jokes have been run into the ground. The whole time all this has been going on (and is it over yet? I really don't have any idea) he's continued to release songs that immediatly jumped up the charts. Let's just say I don't get it.

Well, until now, because R. has just released a series of tracks called "Trapped In the Closet" (I think. It may be "Comin' Out of the Closet") that prove he is perhaps our nation's most brilliant songsmith, author, and storyteller, all at once. He's a modern day Mark Twain.

I'm not going to say anymore. The song speaks for itself, and you're definitely going to want to hear more, I think.

I'll post more, but only if you request it. And one request is not enough. I want at least two. Maybe three. And you've only got a couple of days.

Oh man, this is awesome.

1 comment:

J said...

I second the motion. Because I want motion.