23 May 2005

i hate the word melancoly

sparklehorse - piano fire

If I was making a list of bands whose music I enjoy completely and without reservation, Sparklehorse wouldn't be the first band that came to mind. But I don't think Sparklehorse is the kind of band that's bold enough for instant recall.

That's not to say that Sparklehorse isn't amazing. But I can forget about Sparklehorse for months, and everytime I rediscover them (well, actually it's a him), I realize how great the music is.

Anyway, I was trying to decide which Sparklehorse song to put up, and listened to a bit of every song on "It's A Wonderful Life", and still couldn't decide. I eventually chose "Piano Fire" because it features PJ Harvey, who is another one of my favorite artists (at least in past tense).

Woah-k.

No comments: