31 March 2011

last night

I've been having weird dreams lately. Or maybe it's not that I'm having weird dreams, maybe it's that suddenly I find that I have the ability to remember them the next day.

In last night's dream, I was attending a two-person musical, in the style of Lars Von Trier's Dogville. I realize that Dogville isn't a musical, but the tone of this particular musical was very Dogville-esqe.

The two person cast included Mandy Moore and some fat guy. The play took place in some sort of church building, and the crowd was less than interested. I recall looking away from the play - which I couldn't follow anyway - to do some reading.

At some point in this very depressing display the actors moved to the front of the stage, trying to get the crowd involved with a clap and sing-a-long portion of the performance. When the crowd failed to play along, Ryan Adams sat down at a piano and began playing a Whiskeytown song.

"Is that Ryan Adams?" I thought to myself.

That's pretty much all I remember.

No comments: