16 February 2009

REST WEEK

As I pulled up my workout schedule for the week, I was very very happy to see the words "rest week" - lately it seems like I'm running around in circles trying to catch up, but that might just be because I haven't managed to finish La Dolce Vita and it's been in the DVD player for two weeks.

Got out on the bike Saturday for 2:14 of cold weather riding and was met by this guy:



He just went pro and was riding a team bike and we discussed riding and teams and cold weather and then he headed home and said he'd look me up. Apparently he won a race last year - beating out the likes of the team that won the Tour of California stage yesterday - as an amateur. Good on him.

As for me... rest week looks like:

Mon
Bike 1:00 REC
REC: Recovery Ride
Rest week. Hopefully you'll be feeling pretty good. Enjoy the days off and catch up on other things you leave behind for training and work, etc.

Tue
Bike 2:00 subLTE
SubLTE: Sub Lactate Efforts
2 x 15 (10) SUB LT during an END ride. Should be a nice day.
Strength 0:20 CORE
CORE: Core Strength Lower back, abs, obliques.

Wed
Bike DO
DO: Day Off

Thu
Bike 0:45 REC
REC: Recovery Ride
Strength 0:20 CORE
CORE: Core Strength Lower back, abs, obliques.

Fri
Bike DO
DO: Day Off

Sat
Bike 2:30 GR
GR: Group Ride

Sun
Bike DO
DO: Day Off

Sounds good.

In case you're wondering, I'm still eating too much and not losing much weight. Oh yay.

No comments: