20 August 2007

Premiership Weekend 3

Fulham v Middlesbrough - Couldn't watch the game since it wasn't on any of the 3 American EPL networks, though I did manage to read the up to the minute text game recap on FulhamFC.com. That's no way to watch a game. Or whatever. Anyway, McBride scored early on, then got hurt, and I haven't looked into the details of that yet. Fulham lead 1-0 for a fair amount of time, but lost the lead a little after halftime, and then lost the game in something like the 88th minute. Sounds like the Fulham I know and love from last year. Oh well, we're ahead of Manchester United in the table.

I watched a bunch of other games - Liverpool/Chelsea (I think they had an MLS referee for that one), Man U/City (though I just fast forwarded through... boring game, really), Arsenal/Blackburn (that one was ok)... they all seemed kind of boring this week. It happens.

The Middlesbros (my fantasy team) put up 34 points and fell to 8th in the table. This continued the downward spiral of points (45 in week one, 42 in midweek 2) that has me less that worried. Whatever. Though it is fun to win.

* * * * *

Went to Muncie Saturday to appear as guests on The Good Beer Show - I was the designated driver so I took it easy. Gina did not take it easy. You'll have to ask her.

Cut the grass, rode a bike, and my knees hurt today. Ate at Pizza King. Exciting times - Pizza King has a model railroad train that brings customers their drinks. And that's how you know it's a good place to eat.

I guess Mark is a dad now? I haven't heard.

2 comments:

Jim said...

The injury to McBride looks pretty bad. Kind of thing that will keep him out for a few months (at the least).

You ain't kidding about the ref for the Liverpool game. Man, what an imbecile. Totally lost control of the game and gift-wrapped that penalty for Chelsea. A moronic call. Just read that the ref will not call any games next weekend by edit of the organization that oversees Premiership refs.

At least the Reds have a game in hand on Chelsea. That, and Man City will stay top of the table for maybe another week before they start a nice downward slide.

Anonymous said...

as of 20 aug, 2007 at 9:24pm, mark is not a dad. but he should be by tomorrow sometime.
god save us.