01 August 2007

Or at least a robot or something

So this morning I'm sitting at my desk when my boss comes walking down the hall, leans in the office and says "bomb threat".

You don't ask questions when someone says bomb threat, you just grab your stuff and go. Which is what I did. Out to the parking lot, when the entire company congregated and waited for some sort of police presence.

Eventually an officer appeared, had a conversation with the company supervisors, and sent us all back in the building - telling us to check out our spaces for any suspicious packages. As it turns out, only something like 15% of bomb threats involve a real bomb.

15%? That's a high enough number for me to wonder why there wasn't some sort of bomb squad on the premises. Or a dog? Nevermind that, there's only a 15% chance that you'll be dismembered.

Thanks, Police Officer!

No comments: